- Is Healing Path Integrative Medicine associated with any insurance network?
- Will you file my insurance claim?
- Do you handle Medicare or Medicaid?
- Do you have others working with/for you?
- Will you be my primary care practitioner?
- Do you work with children?
- How do I get the most out of my visit?
- Is there anything else I should know before I visit Healing Path Integrative Medicine?
- I am concerned about the environment. Do you offer ways to reduce paper usage?
Healing Path Integrative Medicine is Independent -- I have no contracts or obligations to any insurance network, nor with Medicare or Medicaid. This means the services are “cash-only”.
No but I'll get you what you need to do it yourself.. For those with insurance, you can check to see if your insurance will cover any out-or-network office visits. At the completion of our visit I can provide you with the codes necessary to file with your insurance. Often times, depending on the insurance company, labs will be covered, even if I order them.
No. For those on Medicare or Medicaid, sorry, but my office consult fees are not covered by these agencies because I have “opted out”. You can not file with Medicare or Medicaid to cover the office consult fees -- it is solely “out-of-pocket”. If Medicare does not cover my servces, supplemental insurance will also not usually cover them either. Labs may or may not be covered by Medicare or Medicaid, depending on the test and diagnosis.
This is currently a solo practice. When you call or write, it goes directly to me, Anne Walch -- there is no other staff at HPIM. This should provide for more personable, and direct care. I trust the upsides will greatly outweigh any downsides.
Although I will offer some services typical of a primary care practice (example, paps), I recommend my patients have a primary care practitioner, especially for those of you with complex medical problems. I see my services as providing an integrative medicine consult to your primary care.
I don’t see children < 16 years old.
- Bring a list of your questions and prioritize your most pressing concerns and needs.
- Complete all the required forms AND bring organized copies of your medical records so that your time is used exploring your health issues and not doing clerical tasks.
- Bring a list of your medications (and supplements) with dosages and frequency of use. Clarify which--if any-- refills you need.
- If you have a complex problem, bring a chronological timeline of symptoms, dates, interventions (labs, doctors seen, treatments tried) and the results.
- Check with your insurance company before the visit to see if they cover LabCorp labs. If they will, you can leave your visit with an order for labs at LabCorp. [If you don't have insurance that covers labs we can order labs for you via my account with LabCorp at reasonable prices.]
- Familiarize yourself with HPIM poiicies so that we are on the same page.
Yes, please, refrain from wearing scented products when you visit. 99% of scents these days are synthetic and often toxic chemicals that are absorbed via your skin and/or outgas. In addition to perfume and colognes, these scents include laundry products like fabric softeners, dryer-sheets, hair sprays, body washes/oils, deodorants, dry-cleaned and moth-balled clothes, etc
Yes, Healing Path Integrative Medicine will strive to have a low carbon footprint by following where feasible the reuse, reduce, recycle ethos. You will get digital copies of your labs and consult notes to view or print out on your own.